Some 28,290 nonwhite invaders pretending to be refugees who entered Australia prior to 2010 have still not been “processed,” it has emerged.
According to a report by Radio Australia, Immigration Minister Peter Dutton confirmed that of the 30,000 “asylum seeker” legacy cases that arrived in Australia under Labor, more than 28,000 remain in the country.
Figures from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection indicate that 28,290 people are yet to have their cases processed, while about 1,700 have been forced to leave or have left voluntarily.
Dutton blamed the former Labor government for the backlog and told News Corp it would take more than a decade “to clean up.”
Liberal MP Sharman Stone defended the Government’s handling of the resettlement program, and said both security screening and resettlement processes took time.
She said the Government could not “simply dump people in Australia in a migrant hostel and say ‘go to it’. I think all of us would wish it was faster … but we’d also be remiss if we imported people into Australia who were not genuine in their desire or want to be resettled,” she said.
She then revealed that her government was bringing in an extra 25,000 nonwhites anyway, over and above whatever had come in during the previous government’s tenure.
“We’re also settling another 13,000, besides the 12,000 who are through our pre-existing humanitarian stream, many of whom are Iraqis and Syrians but are coming from Africa and other places,” Stone boasted.
The Australian government has also confirmed that “only” 187 invaders claiming to be Syrians had been resettled in Australia so far, despite the government’s pledge to take in 12,000 “refugees” from that country.
*Meanwhile, At least 45 “asylum seekers” in the Australian government’s Manus Island detention center located on Los Negros Island in Manus Province, Papua New Guinea, were told yesterday that they were not entitled to refugee status.
The asylum center is due to be closed down by the Papua New Guinea government by mid-year, and all the invaders now face deportation back to their countries of origin.
According to the latest update from Australian government’s Department of Immigration and Border Protection, as of March 31, 2016, there were a total of 905 invaders held on Manus Island.