U.S. President Donald Trump has agreed to honor an Obama administration deal to accept up to 1,250 Third World invaders pretending to be refugees after they were refused entry into Australia, it has emerged.
Confirmation of the plan to bring the swindlers to America has come with the news that U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) officials have arrived in Papua New Guinea (PNG) to fingerprint and interview them.
Media reports now reveal that DHS officers have begun fingerprinting the invaders held on the PNG islands of Nauru and Manus, as part of a “final stage of assessing who will find new lives in the United States.”
The officials are “taking biometric details from refugees on Nauru, including fingerprints, heights and weights,” according to a document circulated among asylum seekers and provided to the Associated Press by one of the invaders.
U.S. officials began scheduling appointments with the invaders from Monday this week. If the swindlers pass the initial fingerprint security screening, they will have face-to-face interviews with Homeland Security officers in Nauru or Papua New Guinea, the document said.
Both the Department of Homeland Security and the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection have not commented in public on the matter.
Australia pays Nauru and Papua New Guinea to keep more than 2,000 invaders who arrived by boat from Iran, Afghanistan, and Sri Lanka.
An Australian immigration official told an Australian Senate committee three weeks ago that Homeland Security officers were poised to start vetting refugees on the islands as soon as they were authorized.
State Department officials have already conducted the first stage of the two-stage process, with preliminary interviews on the islands to ensure that candidates for resettlement were “genuine.”
Two invaders who did not want to be named, for fear of jeopardizing their applications to settle in the United States, told Reuters by phone that DHS officials did not ask any specific questions.
It was not a normal interview; they just collected fingerprints and took my height and weight,” the Iranian invader told Reuters, while others showed that news agency their appointment slips to meet U.S. officials.
Similar biometric data collection would begin at the Australian-run detention center in Papua New Guinea in early April, detainees were told by immigration officials last week.
Some of the invaders said the latest developments gave them hope. “I think the deal will happen, but the question we don’t know is how many people will be taken by the U.S.,” Behrouz Boochani, an Iranian held on Manus Island, told Reuters