Imagine if, tomorrow morning, you woke up and found that every white woman you saw was wearing an Afro wig and had painted themselves black.

Not just one white woman, or even a few, or a “trend,” but EVERY white woman.

afro-hair-change

What would you think?

Would you think there was something strange going on?

Would you not wonder what would drive every white woman to want to hide their natural hair and deliberately adopt another race’s physical features?

You would, no doubt, think it very weird.

If every white woman you saw was “trying to be black,” you would correctly assume that there was some deep, dark, psychological process at work.

Perhaps some sort self-hatred, envy, desire to emulate . . . something.

Doubtless there would be TV shows about the phenomenon, about what psychological sea-change had occurred to make this happen . . .

Yet strangely enough, almost all black people today have gone to the most extreme measures to appear as white as possible—and no-one has dared to explain it on a racial psychological level – except, of course, to blame white people for “racism.”

Black hair straighteners, or “relaxers” as they are now deviously called, have flooded the world market. They are as common in Africa as they are among black populations in Europe and America.

Everywhere you look, African females suddenly have straight or “good” hair, as they call it.

The black comedian Chris Rock has even made a film about the phenomenon, called “Good Hair” which revealed that his community spends $5,000 per treatment to get “good” (i.e. straight) hair and that the industry is worth $9 billion a year in America alone.

You hardly see a “natural” haired African person any more.

Not only the females, but also the men.

obama-change1

Black males, such as Barack Obama, now keep their hair closely cropped to avoid being seen with “African” hair.

In addition, skin lighteners are all the rage, with a lighter skin tone being openly acknowledged as being “better” and associated with beauty and intelligence amongst black communities.

The Associated Press recently looked into why and how more and more people in Jamaica’s slums are “using skin bleaching cream to ‘lighten’ their complexions. Skin lightening is nothing new, especially in third world countries in Africa and also in India, which boasts the biggest marketplace for these dangerous creams.” According to the AP, “hardcore bleachers use illegal ointments smuggled into the Caribbean country that contain toxins like mercury, a metal that blocks production of melanin, which give skin its color, but can also be toxic.”

Hair relaxers are also dangerous chemicals which “work” by breaking the bonds which naturally strengthen hair. In other words, “straight” hair on Africans is chemically-damaged hair.

side-products1There are numerous side effects to hair relaxers, varying from extreme scalp burns to hair loss. One of the “unknown” side products (unknown to white people, at least) is something called “Temple Balm” which is applied to the temples of black females in an attempt to generate a full head of hair as part of the illusion.

White people are also mostly ignorant of the extent to which blacks wear wigs as part of their everyday wardrobe.  In fact, most “long” hair that one sees on black females today is a wig or what is called a “hair extension” (fake or human hair bonded into the wearer’s real hair to create the illusion of long flowing locks).

This process actually requires glue and adhesive, another “side product” virtually unknown to white people.

The big questions remain:

(1) why do black people, en masse, want to look like white people? And

(2) what would people say if ALL white females wanted to have Afro hair?

To answer the first question, some liberals and black activists have resorted to the old standby excuse: blame white “racism.”

This line first came to prominence in the 1960s, during the famous “Brown vs Board of Education,” which was a school desegregation court case in America. Part of the proceedings including a film of an experiment conducted by black activist Kenneth Clark.

Black children were shown two identical dolls, one dark-skinned and the other white-skinned. When asked which one they preferred, almost all chose white doll. This was presented to the court as “evidence” of racial stereotyping which segregation had caused, and was pivotal in persuading the court to order desegregation (the events are detailed outlined in Carleton Putnams’s book, Race and Reality).

The argument was that black children aspired to be white because of “racism” and segregation, and that if they were allowed to mix freely with whites, this sense of self-inferiority would vanish.

The interesting part is that this experiment was conducted once again in 2007 in New York City by a young black filmmaker, Kiri Davis. Using identical props, young black kids at a school in the city were asked to choose the “best” doll.

Six decades after desegregation, the results were identical.

The black children said that the white dolls were better and that the black dolls were bad. They even identified themselves with the black dolls, when specifically asked. The video, which unintentionally also reveals many other racial psychological insights, can be seen here.

In other words, sixty years plus of desegregation has not done away with the black desire to be white – and this is nowhere better reflected than in the huge hair relaxer and skin lightener business.

The blame for a “desire to be white” can therefore no longer be put at the door of “segregation” (i.e. white people’s fault.)

The real reason for the white doll experiment results, the hair relaxer and skin lightener craze, is simply that the white aesthetic norm is desired by all races.

This is the simple fact, and it is nothing short of wicked and malicious to “blame” white people for this reality.

If tomorrow morning, all white women started applying chemicals to themselves to look black and started wearing Afro wigs, society would question their psychological well-being, not blame black people.

The time is surely long past for some racial reality in the world today.

Recommended reading:  Race and Reason: A Yankee View and Race and Reality: A Search for Solutions by Carelton Putnam. Both these classic works are now back in print from Ostara Publications.

The author was one of America’s foremost writers on racial matters. Holding science and law degrees from Princeton and Columbia universities, he was founder and president of Chicago & Southern Airlines, which later merged with another company to become Delta Air Lines. Putnam served as chief executive of Delta, and remained a director until his death in 1998.

Race and Reason was his first book which explained the reality of race in the face of a determined assault on racial realism in the 1960s. Written in question and answer format, this book answers every liberal argument on race with passion, reason, compassion, and intellect. It is a testament to the fact that some people, at least, understood racial dynamics at the height of the “civil rights” assault on Western Civilization.

Race and Reality is the sequel to his earlier work, Race and Reason. Written in the form of a midnight soliloquy, Race and Reality recounts the author’s experiences with the scientific hierarchy. It reviews the evidence for racial differences, the crisis facing the white world, and tells the inside story of the Stell trial and explores the methods by which the truth about it has been evaded and ignored.

Finally, in a question and answer section similar to that in Race and Reason, it deals with the scores of related issues which so often confuse the central problem. In the last two chapters, it focuses on that problem and proposes a solution.

Link for Race and Reason.

Link for Race and Reality.

48 Responses to “Racial Psychology: Why Do Black People Want to be White?”

1. Funny and its true. I had several black guys wanted to look differently by skin and look like whites guys where I’m from.

2. Because people would rather be lighter or closer to white so they can escape all the difficulties that come with being a black person. Being that the majority of America is white (Due to colonization of America), The perception of what beauty is depends on what the majority is. That causes people to want to be like everyone else (white) and not want to be like the group of people that is portrayed as ugly or just not as good looking because they are the minority, although every race is beautifully in their own way. The perception of beauty is just an opinion, and when that opinion is plastered on billboards and TV ads, people will try and imitate it to be beautiful. If Afros and black people were all over magazines, TV ads, and billboards the perception of what beauty is would be different, then white people would be changing themselves to meet the standard of beauty.

• Note so my friend. In India the majority of people are darker skinned. Why would the darker skinned people who has never been oppressed try to have lighter skin color like the Indians from the North of India. These are more closely related to the Iranian etc.

Truth can not be argued away, sorry.

• The darker skinned Indians have been oppressed. For a long time there was a racist system in India called the Caste system where the darker skinned Indians were the lower caste such as the Sudras and the Dalits (aka Black Untouchables) and the lighter skinned Indians were the higher caste such as the Brahmins.

• rajugirl88 December 10, 2013

So true, in india all celebs want to look white it seems, all indian men want a blonde girl, it saddens me, but all blacks want to be white, but hispanics are happy with themselves, yet the whites want to look tanned, more asian middle eastern…. it will never end…. we all must accept it

• Markus July 30, 2013

Ok if that’s the case then why is THE top makeup product IN the world a product that makes the skin look whiter?? ASIANS Women are mainly the reason for this too.. Its a world thing not an American things and blonde females with white skin make up a very small percentage of world population yet get most of the praise! Whether you like it or not, it is the truth.

• I disagree. White, Indian, coloured, and Chinese South Africans who are in the minority are not changing their appearance to look like black majority.

• Okay let’s even assume the white pple did a bad bad thing, by tam we got over it man. Now that we hv d opportunity to do things ourselves, let’s forget the past and do smtin meaningful with our lives.
        If we sit here and sulk over the wounds on our legs, we won’t move forward and if we don’t move forward, we shld be rest assured dat the worst is yet to happen cos no one is ever going to respect sm1 who’s not resourceful.. So stop blaming white pple and take a stand for urself. By tam, we moved forward y’all. We cn start dat by accepting ourselves, physiologically and psychologically.

• Dis reg, vertel hulle….Germany

• True. Blond-haired Bette Midler was raised in Hawaii; she said she grew up envious of the beautiful, thin Hawaiian girls.

In Africa, the white Missionary kids who grew up around all Africans, gradually had their sense of beauty changed: they wanted to be black!

And like you said: advertising is designed to make EVERYONE unhappy with their looks, so they rush out to spend $$ on stupid products.

• Can’t agree with the “majority” theory OK. In Africa we (white)are the minority by much but the choice of the majority (black) still aspire to be white!! Advertising & billboards are also targeted towards the majority & “we” do not aspire to be like the majority. Another theory?

3. Sheree July 13, 2013

It’s not true in the least bit.

If anything, I find it be the other way around.

A lot of white people want to be black so bad, they do dumb shit to appear like they’re cool. Until they’re reminded that they’re just caucasian :(

• Hahahaha, you DO have a sense of humour!

• Nexiusus March 5, 2014

Many white youth take on bits and pieces of black culture, because frankly, its part of american/culture and they can appreciate it. At the end of the day though, they take off their doo rags, baggy pants, and oversized t-shirts and are still perfectly white. When they get older, or look for a job, believe me they won’t dress, act, or talk like they are anything but white. No matter how hard blacks strive to be white, they can’t peel their melanin cells off and be white. It just doesn’t work that way. No matter how many skin bleaching treatments and hair perms they get, they are still black. It is what it is. Its sad that even black children don’t see their own race as something attractive. Nobody wants to be black barbie.

4. Anthony July 14, 2013

In my opinion it is not the desire to look white.It seems like schools jobs stores restaurants and society in general will accept people better if they looked more “white”.Thus a defense mechanism.

5. The sad fact is that natural african style has been made to look unprofessional, and unattractive in media do you think people would take him seriously if he wore an afro or had long black locks obviously not because those styles are for hippies and “crazy white people”

6. Janetta August 24, 2013

Perms and weaves is a good way to say your not poor. it takes ALOT of money to maintain and keep weaves and perms vs just natural plus its all about time if I was to wear a afro I might as well go back to the 70s and jump in the soul train line, but soul train is played out just like afros so do you see us still using 8 track tapes no we all use ipads so should I go off on the world and say yall wrong for not using 8 track tapes and yall dont appreciate your history of 8 track tapes no we have all thistechnology all these beauty products there is no reason why we should be using 8 track tapes or wearing afros at the end of the day all im saying is a afro

7. Claudia August 30, 2013

The only problem here is that one day a guy thought “I must create a new image to sell my product. I know, I’m gonna use a prototype person and everyone will want to be like that”. And then, it began the ilusion of “beauty”, with only one way to be: white, slim, tall, “well shaped” noses, white teeth, etc. It happens to women of all races, and every ad tells you: you are ugly and old. We can sell to you a miraculous sh*t to make you hot and forever young- And to be “perfect”, as the want us to believe, we must eat nothing and have several surgeries to change our parents facial features. We all have our own beautiful characteristics, because that makes us unique, we are not mass-created barbies. If you search, you will find that every “beautiful” actress, model or whatever…never has a happy-ending guaranteed, most of the times is the opposite. Love is beyond that image, you are loved because of what you really are, yourself.

• Yes. Beauty is nothing but an opinion, but its been made into something soo much more because of what other people advertise as beautiful.

8. I am of mixed South Asian (Indian) and English origin. Some people perceive me to look Indian while others think I look Southern European. A while ago I worked for a Japanese company. A Japanese colleague told me how the Japanese feel intimidated by white people partly due to the fact that they think they look better. She perceived me to look Indian and told me they would feel more comfortable around me as I looked similar to them. Not long afterwards I was at a festival and we got chatting to a couple of Japanese tourists. One of them started saying how ugly all Japanese women were and how she wished she looked like me because I was apparently so beautiful. She told me my my features and build were so much more attractive because I was European.

This leads me to think it is the perception that some one is ‘white’ which leads them to be deemed more attractive rather than actual features. After all nothing about the way I looked had changed between the two incidents, yet the woman who saw me as Asian implied that I really wasn’t very attractive, while the one who saw me as white, was practically stamping her foot with envy at my alleged beauty.

This surely shows, that at least to some degree, the idea that the white aesthetic is the ideal, is a product of global white supremacy and racism, and not innate as this author claims.

• @Saturn — Oh so it’s all white peoples’ fault, is it? “White racism” “white global supremacy” blah blah.
      What rubbish.
      I am sick and tired of white people being blamed for everything.
      Get it straight: we are NOT responsible for the behavior of other people–THEY are.
      It’s about time non-whites stopped blaming people for all the things they do, and take responsibility for their own actions instead of childishly blaming white people all the time.

• Rubbish?? Lol. Its just a funny word…. no one is blaming whites… and yeah I agree, its stupid everyone blames white ppl for their own idiocracy. Its that everyone loves what they cant have, so just dont get mad, be happy every race wants to look like u.

• Voltara Smith October 6, 2013

I am very pleased for you that your exceptional beauty has caused such a stir. Most probably the Japanese you spoke with were being polite and self-deprecating as is their habit. They don’t think white people are superior or Japanese women are ugly and it’s ridiculous to suggest they are as gullible as you suggest.

The Japanese are a great example of how pride in cultural traditions and race creates a cohesive and law-abiding society.

• I gave an example of two Japanese people that I spoke to and was comparing the difference in how they appeared to perceive me based on whether they saw me as white or non-white. I do not by any means think I am a raving beauty. However the Japanese person who seemed to think I was of purely European origin was adamant that I was far more attractive than Japanese women. She wasn’t just being polite, she reiterated her point at length. I also described another Japanese woman who perceived me as non-white. She again told me that whites were better looking than the Japanese, and told me I looked similar to the Japanese (despite being of partial South Asian origin, and not East Asian). The implication was obviously that she didn’t see me as as attractive as the average white person. I know this is obviously only a sample of two people, however I still think it is of interest in a discussion of why non-whites apparently want to look like white people. It means it is possible that a person of somewhat ambiguous appearance can be perceived to be more attractive when they are perceived to be white than when they aren’t. if this is the case, then it can’t be simply that white people are better looking. It’s not ridiculous to suggest the Japanese think this way, the whole globe is influenced by white dominance. They were saying what they thought, and anyway the one who saw me as non-white was hardly being polite, if anything she was putting me down, as she also told me that the Japanese look down on South Asians.

• Nexiusus March 5, 2014

This is one of the stupidest and most ignorant things I’ve read in some time. I’m so tired of people trying to blame whites for everything. Take/responsibility for your own shit. You can only fart I’m an/elevator so long and blame others until you’re in there alone with no one to blame

9. Actually, though many people will hate to hear this, the real reason people want lighter skin is because lighter skin is more aesthetically pleasing.

That’s not to say ‘white’ people skin is better looking than ‘black’ people skin, but that a lighter, fairer tone of whatever skin color you have is simply more pleasing to the eyes.
    Don’t mistake ‘light’ with ‘white’ A ‘black’ person can have lighter, fairer skin than a ‘white’ person. Asians, whites and blacks all have a different shade of skin, but all look very nice with a lighter skin tone.

All that being said, it’s true there is a strong inferiority complex many non-whites feel towards whites. Much like most, if not all countries have an inferiority complex to an extent in regards to America.
    It’s no small wonder with their current position in the world. The less privileged will always have an inferiority complex of the more privileged.

• The fact of the matter is that people with darker skin are taught to hate themselves because darker skin people are the majority while lighter skinned people are the minority and darker skinned people can live better under the sun than lighter skinned people without suffering from much of the effects of skin cancer.

• Voltara Smith October 6, 2013

David, I’m sorry you hate yourself. I’d suggest getting a job and taking responsibility for your own life as a good way to increase self esteem.

• Voltara Smith October 6, 2013

……and that’s why we invented sunblock. Funny how there are solutions to problems which don’t involve killing, stealing or shifting blame.

10. A better question would be why are there black people in white countries?

11. Henry Polk October 8, 2013

It’s almost always black women (not black men) who do these things.

• Very true, ask any black lady where they are from, they will say america, but im half native american! Which is bs because they look like the average black person. Lol. They all just hate themselves terribly….

12. myniki813 October 10, 2013

@ Bob fairlane,why are white people in black and native american countries ? that is the real question. go back to your cock-ass mountains please.

• uranidiot November 5, 2013

What is a “native american” country, anti-white? Are you referring to the Siberian Asians that WALKED over the Bering Strait land bridge around 10,000 years ago? Immigrating automatically precludes one from the title of native.

As for “black” countries, no one in their right mind would want to live in a country run by a “people” that can’t master bucket sanitation. If there are whites in Sub-Saharan Africa, it’s certainly not to be around blacks. It’s about resources, unfortunately, and the Chinese are the newest Sub-Saharan visitors. The Chinese are a lot less likely to put up with your monkey shines than ebil ol YT. Should be fun to watch.

13. In monogamy-practicing European societies girls were given a *choice* in who they wanted to marry. And what do you know? Girls, when given a choice, prefer to marry attractive men rather than ugly men. ‘Attractive’ of course simply being an outward sign of good genes. So in European societies beauty was *selected* for.

In non-European polygamous cultures with arranged marriages women had no choice. The most powerful men, even if they were ugly, got all the attractive females. Attractive girls had no choice who they married. So in those cultures beauty was not selected for.

European women really are more beautiful.

And if you want to see what females end up evolving into when very *old* powerful men get all the girls, check out Australian aboriginal females. My god they’re ugly

14. Honestly this is becoming too big of a deal. I am “black” and Filipino. I hear stuff like this everyday at school. And around there, it’s not the adults talking about this, it’s the teens (notice how I didn’t say children, because its not the children.) I hear “black” girls complaining about their hair and getting weaves and perms. To be honest it looks terrible. The “white” girls don’t complain about their hair at all. Now, the Mexican girls dye and bleach their hair, making it become dead. The Asian girls don’t do anything to their hair, they’re pretty confident. But, almost everyone complains about their hair, get over it. There’s no science to it.

15. Why not? Being white is the s$&&t! Go to all the nice areas of the world and white people are there, walking freely and happily. Being dark skinned sucks! No minority who wants more out of life is going to think about marrying a black person. Yes, there are a lot of rich blacks, but no one automatically envisions themselves living the good life with a black spouse. Face it being dark is a curse. I’m dark and trust me, it really sucks.

16. I’m gonna tell you something: even if you think it’s not true, I think we are obviously being influenced. By SO MANY things.

Here are some proofs from my own experience:
    First, I’m sorry if what I’m going to say may hurt some people. It was not meant to be.
    I am a girl, when I was young, I was always having crushes on white guys, only. And I even used to think that asian men were rather ugly, like I didn’t really like their face type, eyes ect… But suddenly, I began to be interested in asian culture… and everything changed! The more I was into asian stuff, the more I was interested & attracted to asian men, to the point that even an “average-looking asian” was totally handsome to my eyes! It sounds incredible? But it’s the truth!!

The same thing happened to me with black guys. I swear I never been more attracted to black men than the time I was IN FOND OF Michael Jackson !!

Well, I am a little more mature now. And I realised that all “race” has his own beauty, even if some are more praised by our society.
    I feel like if we tried to see all of this with our own eyes, our own vision, not biased we will end up realizing that all races are… just different. There’s no “better” or “inferior”, just differences and all are beautiful in their own way.

So, maybe it’s just me, maybe I’m just a stupid sheep who follows everything (shame on me)… Or maybe the truth is that we are being influenced. I don’t want to believe I am the only one.

PS: Excuse me for the potential mistakes, I’m not a native english speaker.

Peace.

17. Horrez White January 15, 2014

I love being black nd I’m glad I was not born white

18. It has nothing to do with white supremacy
    How would that be the case when the majority of the country are middle eastern/Arabic people
    And asian so?
    It’s just the fact that Caucasian people are better looking we have better features and people wish to look like us

19. Fortunately, more black women are embracing their natural hair now. Now I’m going to set things straight; black women have worn weaves and used relaxers for years ONLY because white society had brainwashed them to believe that their natural hair was ugly. Even black dolls were made with straight hair and white features, so buying little black girls black dolls did not help. Jobs did not want to hire black women with natural hair, so black women relaxed their hair or wore wigs. Wigs, weaves, and relaxers were used as a way to survive. I am proud of every black woman who wears her natural hair as a crown, because it takes strength to be different. But it is catching on and I am proud of my natural hair. It is beautiful.

20. Everyone wants what they don’t have. End of story.