U.S. President Donald Trump has agreed to take in the approximately 2,000 Third World invaders pretending to be refugees, currently held in detention camps on the Pacific islands of Nauru and Manus, Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull has announced.
The original agreement to ship the invaders—who had all tried to illegally land in Australia by boat, but had been blocked at sea and placed in the detention centers in Papua New Guinea (PNG)—had been struck with the Obama administration.
Previously, officials from both the U.S. and Australia had announced that the deal would likely collapse following Trump’s election victory.
Now, however, Trump has “confirmed by telephone that his administration will honor [the] refugee resettlement deal” with Australia, Turnbull told reporters in Canberra.
The invaders are mainly from Afghanistan, Iran and Iraq, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. At least three of those nations are on Trump’s no-entry list in his now-famous Executive Order of last week.
“We discussed the importance of border security … we also discussed the resettlement arrangement of refugees from Nauru and Manus, which had been entered into with the previous administration, and I thank President Trump for his commitment to honor that existing agreement,” Turnbull said, adding that the conversation had taken place on Sunday, January 29.
Apparently U.S. Homeland Security officials have already started “assessing” the invaders.
Reuters has reported that in terms of the “deal,” Australia would in turn take in an equal number of fake refugees from El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras.
Meanwhile, a 31-year-old Sri Lankan invader pretending to be an asylum seeker—housed at the Manus Island detention center—was last week officially charged with raping a young woman in the provincial center of Lorengau, Papua New Guinea.
Manus Province commander David Yapu said the matter would go before PNG’s National Court of Justice and the maximum penalty was life imprisonment.
The fake asylum seekers at the Manus Island center have been able to visit Lorengau during the day since April, when the PNG Supreme Court ruled their detention was unconstitutional and the center would have to be closed.
There have been a large number of crimes committed by the invaders against locals since that time, leading to a number of violent clashes.