Four more Muslims in Britain have been arrested by British Police in dawn raids after an “intelligence-led” investigation into a Christmas terror attack plan, the authorities have announced. The arrests are the latest of over 400 Muslims detained for terrorism plots in the UK this year alone.
An army bomb disposal team was sent to a house in northern England after police arrested four men on Tuesday on suspicion of “planning acts of terrorism.”
Three men, aged 22, 36 and 41, were held after raids at their homes in Sheffield and a 31-year-old was detained at an address in nearby Chesterfield.
“The arrests were intelligence-led and pre-planned as part of an ongoing Islamist related investigation by Counter Terrorism Policing North East and (domestic security agency) MI5,” West Yorkshire Police said in a statement.
They added: “The public may have heard loud bangs at the time police entered the properties. We would like to reassure them that this was part of the method of entry to gain access.”
Police said the bomb disposal unit had been sent to the Chesterfield house and that nearby residents had been evacuated as a precaution.
There were no details about what the men were suspected of planning. They are being questioned on suspicion of being concerned in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
Britain has suffered five Muslim terrorist attacks so far this year, four of which led to loss of life, while security chiefs say another nine have been thwarted.
The country remains on its second-highest threat level meaning an attack is considered highly likely.
On the first anniversary of the Berlin Christmas market attack, Birmingham city centre—the site of the biggest Christmas market outside Germany—has had its perimeter ringed by concrete bollards and metal gates. Extra security is also highly visible in Manchester, which hosts another of the UK’s biggest festive markets.
The extra cash will increase intelligence and surveillance capabilities and pay for armed officers to patrol city centres.
The home secretary, Amber Rudd, secured the rise in next year’s police counter-terrorism budget to at least £757m after convincing the chancellor, Philip Hammond, more money was needed to protect the public.
“Since 2015 alone we have increased counter-terrorism spending by 30% and pledged more than £500m in increased funding for the counter-terrorism budget, to protect the UK from the ongoing threat posed by terrorism.”
Counter-terrorism police and the security services have disrupted 22 plots since the murder of Lee Rigby in May 2013, and nine since the Westminster attack in March this year. They are currently running well over 500 live operations.
There were 400 arrests for terrorism-related offences in the year ending 30 September, an increase of 54 percent compared with the previous year.
The establishment’s response is typical—instead of addressing the fundamental cause of Islamic terrorism in Britain (the mass Third World immigration policies which have created the problem in the first place), Rudd and the establishment politicians believe that throwing more money at “policing” will solve the problem.
In reality, the only way to “prevent terrorism” is to halt and reverse all Third World immigration from Britain—and Europe. Anything less is re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic, as the nonwhite demographics will continue to grow and ultimately overwhelm the security forces through sheer numbers.