Iran’s ambassador to the United Nations’ nuclear watchdog said Thursday that Israel’s nuclear program poses threat to the international peace and security, and that the Jewish ethnostate’s clandestine nuclear facilities must be placed under the UN agency’s Safeguards.
Iranian ambassador Reza Najafi at the United Nations.
Iranian ambassador Reza Najafi said “Israel’s nuclear capabilities should be put on the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) supervision as a real threat to the regional and international peace and security.”
The supervision should continue until Tel Aviv joins the Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) unconditionally and all the regime’s clandestine nuclear facilities are placed under the UN agency’s Safeguards, he said at a IAEA Board of Governors meeting in Vienna on Thursday.
Najafi slammed the West’s double standards in regard to Israel’s nuclear program and called for a complete ban on any nuclear cooperation with Israel and transferring of nuclear material and equipment to the Jewish ethnostate.
The Iranian envoy pointed to repeated calls by the international community and IAEA resolutions as well as the NPT Review conferences for immediate accession of Israel to the NPT and supervision over Tel Aviv’s entire nuclear facilities under the IAEA safeguards.
He warned that Israel has continued the military dimension of its nuclear program through its ignorance of the legitimate demands of the global community, reliance on the support of certain countries and blatant violation of the international law.
Israel is the sole possessor of a nuclear arsenal in the Middle East with up to 400 undeclared nuclear warheads.
Tel Aviv has rejected global calls to join the NPT, refusing to allow international inspectors to observe its controversial nuclear program.
Israel’s nuclear activities were uncovered when whistle-blower Mordechai Vanunu, originally a technician at Dimona nuclear facility, handed overwhelming evidence of the regime’s nuclear program to Britain’s Sunday Times in 1986.
Significantly, only China’s Xinhua news service has so far given any publicity to the Iranian comments, in contrast to the Jewish lobby-controlled Western media, which has completely censored and blacked them out as if they were never made.
Rather than giving publicity to the completely accurate and IAEA-proven Iranian call, the West’s controlled media has given prominence to renewed Jewish claims that Iran has started “rebuilding” its nuclear weapons project in the light of the US Government’s withdrawal from the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) which officially regulated Iran’s nuclear industry.
The reality of Iran’s nuclear program is, of course, completely different to the international Jewish lobby’s claims. Since the US withdrew from the JCPOA, Iran has not “restarted” any nuclear projects related to “atom bombs” but in fact has continued with a pre-arranged program which is under the direct supervision of international observers.
As the Iranian Press TV reported, Iran will start re-building the Arak heavy water reactor “once China finishes examining the last phase of the re-designing process.
China and Iran “have had several contracts that are now operational and various steps of conceptual, basic and detailed designing are completed and after that the construction phase will begin,” Behrouz Kamalvandi, a spokesman for the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI) was quoted as saying.
“According to the timetable, we have fortunately made good progress, and the detailed stage has been completed on our part and delivered to the Chinese side, which, after their approval, will enter the next stage within 2 to 3 months, that is, we’ll start the next phase of building and [installing the reactor’s] equipment,” he added.
Kamalvandi said the US withdrawal from the Iran nuclear deal would not affect the re-designing process and noted that the Chinese side has reaffirmed its commitment to the JCPOA, and the Arak reactor re-designing.
In April 2017, Iran and China signed the final version of a contract to redesign and modernize the Arak heavy water reactor in central Iran, an important step in line with the implementation of the JCPOA.
According to the agreement, China undertook to review the new design of the Arak reactor made by the Iranian experts and confirm its compliance with the international safety standards of the International Atomic Energy Agency.
Iran is redesigning the 40-megawatt Arak research reactor to sharply cut its potential output of plutonium.
Regarding activities at Natanz nuclear facility after any collapse of the JCPOA, Kamalvandi said new advanced centrifuge machines would be installed at the site.
Under the JCPOA, the Fordow plant was to stop enriching uranium and be converted into a nuclear, physics and technology center.
Last week, the head of the AEOI, Ali Akbar Salehi, said the country has begun work to prepare the infrastructure for building advanced centrifuges at the Natanz enrichment facility, while respecting its commitments under 2015 nuclear deal.
Iran has said it will remain committed to the deal for the time being, pending negotiations with other signatories to the JCPOA to see if Iran’s interests would still be protected under an accord without the US.
* The Jewish lobby-controlled western media has also consistently covered up the fact that the Jewish ethnostate has murdered dozens of Iranian scientists in cold blood, claiming that they were working on an “atom bomb,” even though this claim has been thoroughly disproven by intelligence agencies worldwide and the International Atomic Energy Agency watchdog.
If any other state had launched a deliberate mass murder program on the scale that the Jewish state has waged against Iran—or, if say Iran had launched a mass murder campaign against Jews inside Israel—this same controlled media would be up in arms and demanding retribution, if not invasion and destruction of that state.